Forgot to food shop? No time to make a fancy meal? YOU’VE BEEN COOKING FOR YOUR FAMILY FOR TWENTY YEARS AND YOU’RE OUT OF IDEAS?
You probably have everything you need for a healthy, delicious, quick dinner right in your pantry and beyond. OK… maybe not healthy and delicious, but probably edible and non-life threatening. And if your family doesn’t like what you put on the table, tell ’em they can make their own darn dinner. Who are you, Emeril? Jeez.
1. Take everything in the pantry, throw it in an Instant Pot, and hope for the best.
2. Combine toothpaste, mouthwash, and garnish with breath mints for a super zesty pasta sauce!
3. Melt down every old wedge of cheese, cheese slice, and cheese stick in the cheese drawer and dip some cocktail olives in it for a zesty fondue.
4. Pour tomato sauce and Cheese Whiz on stale corn chips. Heat in the microwave. Tell your family it’s Cinco de Mayo, and yell “Olé!”
5. Pretend you are lost on a desert island and send family members out to scour for food in the backyard that you can eat.
Pretend you are lost on a desert island and send family members out to scour for food in the backyard that you can eat.
6. Got a fishtank? Sushi!
7. Cook a big vat of pasta and rice and tell everyone you signed them up for a 5K and you’re carb loading.
8. Eggs + Peanut butter + Jelly = PB&J Frittatas.
9. Oops, you ran over a possum in the street. A moment of silence… and then sauté with noodles and soy sauce. Instant Possum Chow Mein.
10. Order in pizza. Duh.
©2020, Beckerman. All rights reserved. Follow Tracy on Instagram @TracyinSuburbia